Everyone can study in Germany tuition-free! That’s right: Germans and
all other nationalities can study in Germany free of charge – without tuition
fees. This applies to almost all study programmes at public universities. There
are around 450 public universities and higher education institutions that offer
over 17,500 majors – including bachelor’s and master’s degrees as well as
doctoral programs.

Some of the largest public universities include:

• Technische Universität München (TUM)

• Humboldt University of Berlin

• University of Cologne

• Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU)

• RWTH Aachen University


Most of the private universities differentiate from the public sector to a much higher extent and are innovative in many different ways. Distance Learning programs are one of these formats, enabling people who cannot afford to study full-time on campus to earn an academic degree. 

Together with dual studies,which combine academic teaching with practical experience and other types of extra-occupational part-time programmes, private universities are contributing massively to the expansion of student numbers in Germany. 

They often address students who did not follow the traditional path to university and offer opportunities to target groups which cannot be reached by the traditional German universities.

Key Information

Benefit from a high quality of education system to help you advance in your career, learn a new language by making new friends and socializing with other students, and gain an amazing life experience to remember for years to come by studying and living as a foreign student in Germany. 


“Made in Germany” is recognized as a seal of quality the world over, and a degree from a German university is accepted internationally and employers around the world are always glad to see graduates from German institutions.


Develop your intellectual abilities and personal skills freely and reach your full potential. If you are out to achieve great things, you will find determination, motivation and commitment open many doors – both during your studies and after your studies and speaking German is a clear advantage for your CV.

Add Your Heading Text Here


Students from non-EU countries who wish to work in Germany after graduating can extend their residence permit for up to 18 months to find work relating to their studies.


The EU Blue Card is a German residence permit for skilled workers. You can apply for a German Blue Card if you are from a non-EU country, have a university degree, and you are offered a qualified position with a salary of at least 1.5 times the German average.

Add Your Heading Text Here

Fly Abroad helped me a lot for my application with Carl Duisberg Centren while maintaining a close contact and was always available for any queries. I would recommend Fly Abroad for your path to Study in Germany.


Carl duisberg, centren